Thursday, August 29, 2019

Tennis, Tennis, and More Tennis

My social life at Ohio Northern University revolves around playing and watching tennis. I love the sport and am always playing on campus or watching highlights on various medias. For my first blog I want my readers to understand how important this sport is to me and how much I enjoy it. In case you have not noticed yet, the title of my blog is a tennis reference and there are more throughout my layout.

I played four years of tennis at ONU and I received second team all-conference honors my sophomore year. I played second singles and third doubles for the team. I have won many matches and I am very proud to be a polar bear and represent my school. I am not able to play this year but I still intend to support my teammates when I can. I believe the tennis team can win the whole conference this year which is something that alluded me when I was on the team. However, I am still thankful for my time playing and look forward to hitting with the guys this fall semester. I honestly think I can still keep up with them and I am excited to give them a challenge in my free time.

On a final note, I would like to mention that the U.S. Open tennis tournament is going on right now and how entertaining it is to watch it in the opening weeks of the fall semester here at school. I no longer have cable at my house so coming to campus allows me to watch the tennis tournament for free which is really cool. I love going to watch parties with my teammates and cheering on our favorite players. This tournament is one of the four majors in professional tennis and is the only one that happens in the United States. The American in me loves this experience even more because of this and I always want the local players to perform well. Novak Djokovic is the heavy favorite to win it all this year, but I love rooting on the underdogs and seeing all the chaos unfold. I highly suggest checking it out on your television if it might interest you and to comment on this blog if you want to talk more tennis with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment